Thursday, April 10, 2008

Prince Family News

I'm not sure who knows this already but I thought I would utilize this blog to get the word out and keep our wonderful Judd family informed. This past week has been a crazy one for the Prince family. Emily has been having stomach pains and some other symptoms for a couple months and has tried to tough it out. My parents decided to take her to the doctor just to see what was causing these symptoms and found out that Emily has Type 1 Diabetes. For those of you who don't know much about it (we didn't either) it is something you are genetically predisposed to be suseptable to. Not a genetically transferred disease where any of her children would be more likely to get it but they think it is a virus and usually from childhood to adolesence is when you are diagnosed. If closely monitered she can live her life normally. She has to count carbs and administer insulin shots. My Mom and Dad have been with her at Primary Children's Hospital for the past few days and they are all 3 very tired and worn out. They did training, teaching and testing and soon all of us in the family will learn the same things to watch for and help Emily with this new lifestyle. Emily is one tough cookie and has been amazing through it all. I just wanted to let you all know so you can keep her and my parents in your prayers. Also as usual my mom loves hearing from you guys and I know hearing from her family always lifts her spirits. Love you guys and hope you are all well!
Becca