Friday, June 27, 2008

Update from the Chemo crew..

My dad finally shaved all of his hair off. Thursday was his 2nd chemo treatment and it held up pretty good until then. We ave been trying to convince him there are a lot of really cool bald people.. like Mr. Clean, Vin Deisel, and Exavier (from x-men)... sorry if I didn't spell those right, but you get the picture. He liked Vin pretty well. I will have to get some pictures up soon but my dad is still a little self conscious about the baldness. My mom and Dad both are pretty worn out but doing well. We are glad that he still has an appetite and none of us have gotten him sick yet. We're trying to be careful but it is so hard with such a touchy and affectionate family. It has really been nice having the boys back (Tyler and his wife, and Ryan came back early from summer sales in Chicago for those of you who hadn't heard). They are helping alot with the yard work- which is a BIG job, and they are working for my dad's company and are able to pick up some of the slack that has been created by my dad's fun cancer stuff ; ) One of my parents' friend in the ward, created a little book of remembrance where people wrote memories with my Dad and encouraging words from people in our ward, past wards, and even some from Arizona friends, for him to read during treatments. If any of you contributed to that thankyou and if any of you would still like to you could send it to me or my mom and we can add it. Thanks for prayers and calls it helps alot. We will keep you all in ours also!
Becca